First of all, I apologize for being an infrequent poster of late! There are big things afoot here, namely that in 2 days I am leaving East Timor, my home for the past 6.5 years, to take up a job in Oxford, England! It is a temporary move - until August next year - but a big one nonetheless as I will be moving across continents, hemispheres and, of course, climates.
Once I'm there I'll be working for Oxfam on an inter-NGO humanitarian coordination programme, which is pretty exciting. And of course, I will continue to delve into my yoga both in real life and on this blog!
But as the move has been keeping me pretty busy, my posting will probably be sparse until then. So here is a little end-of-year reading to keep you all busy! I've tried to pick my favourite posts from the previous 11 months this year to give you a Year in the Yoga Gypsy.
Enjoy, happy holidays, and take care!
Yoga Gypsy - A year in review 2010
January - On Generosity, and how (not to) help in Haiti
February - Adjustments: the magic of touch
March - Yoga sequence for menstrual pain
April - Yoga for Soldiers
May - Yoga for Feet
June - Learning to Fly: Bakasana
July - 8 Goals for Africa
August - What would be your 10 minute yoga?
September - East Timor in pictures
October - Back 2 Basics: 4 simple stretches to ease back ten...
November - The cracks in everything
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Saturday, December 4, 2010
This week Lauren's blanks are about holidays - what better topic could there be?!
1. Holiday spirit… beaches, sun, and bbq (veggie of course!) - it's Christmas in Oz!
2. The holidays are incomplete without… Friends, food and Champagne! And of course, an exotic travel destination thrown in can never hurt, can it?
3. My favorite things to do around the holidays are: tease my baby about playing loud Christmas carols beginning in mid-November... And although not my favourite thing, my holidays usually involve the great suitcase packing challenge.
4. A holiday tradition my family and I have is Champagne and orange juice for breakfast on Christmas day! And boxing day... and New Year's day...
5. Holiday music is playing in our house, in our car, and everywhere we go. My girl does love her carols! ;)
6. This year, I’ll be spending the holidays with both of my families. I feel very lucky!
7. Holiday wish list if it would stop snowing in Europe and heat up to a nice sensible 24 degrees or so that would be nice... But in absence of a radical climate shift that would bring the tropics to the North, I guess good company, good food and a nice break will do.
12 moments (an exercise in random memory association)
This is a fun little exercise that you might like to try... It's very simple, just write down a number and then the first thing that pops into your head.
1 = number of siblings I have (one little sister!)
2 = eyes, ears, arms and legs. Lucky I am!
3 = beings in my house (2 people and a cat!)
4 = weeks until the new year... how does time fly so fast?
5 = years ago in 2011
6 = first grade, first crush, first time riding the schoolbus
7 = years in the life cycles I map for myself
8 = the number of infinity and Strength
9 = plus twenty, how old I am now!
10 = kleine jagermeister, oh what a headache...
11 = years ago, Timor-Leste voted to be free
12 = little days until I am on my way...
Apologies for the absolutely non-Yoga related post... Have a great weekend everyone!